Community Pharmacy Minor Health Conditions Service
From June 12 through to September 30, 2023, participating pharmacies throughout the Bay of Plenty can provide you and your whānau with trusted free advice and if needed, treatment options for minor health conditions including medication.
This service is part of the Winter Preparedness Plan, to help relieve pressure on general practice and hospital services in regions recognised as having consistent and persistent hospital flow challenges and wider system pressures.
If you need further support, they can recommend the best place for you to get it.
The Minor Health Conditions Service is for:
- Children under 14 years of age
- Māori or Pacific Islanders
- Community Service Card (CSC) holders
- Whānau members of a child with similar symptoms. For example, if the pharmacist determines your child is needing treatment for scabies and they have older brothers or sisters, or you yourself also have symptoms, they may provide advice and medication for all of you.
Participating pharmacies can be found regionally below or by visiting healthpoint.co.nz | Pharmacy | Bay of Plenty.
The following health conditions are included in the Minor Health Conditions Service:
- Acute diarrhoea
- Eye inflammation and infections
- Pain and fever
- Minor skin infections