How to prepare for your appointment with us.
On this page
- Preparing for your appointment
- Confirming, changing or cancelling your appointment
- Keeping your contact details up to date
Preparing for your appointment
It's important that you prepare for your appointment.
- Please refer to the appointment letter you have received setting out the date and time you should arrive, and any other instructions. If you have misplaced this information please call our Patient Information Centre free on 0800 333 477 (8.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday. Outside of these times please leave a detailed message).
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Note anything you need to do or bring with you. If you will be staying overnight, there is more information about your hospital stay here.
- You are welcome to bring a support person to the appointment.
- If you want an interpreter, please let the us know before the day of your appointment.
- Think about your transport to and from hospital. If you are not well or have mobility problems that may make it difficult to get to an appointment, there is more information aboutt travel assistance here.
- Allow plenty of time to get to your appointment.
If you can't come to an appointment, you must let us know as soon as possible so we can reschedule you.
Confirming, changing or cancelling your appointment
Please phone the number on your letter or contact our Patient Information Centre free on 0800 333 477.
Please make sure you have the following details when contacting us:
- NHI number (if known)
- Full name
- Contact phone number, and/or email address, in case we have any queries
- Date of your appointment
- Appointment date and time and the doctor/specialist that you are seeing (if known)
Keeping your contact details up to date
It's important that you inform us of any change to your postal address, residential address or phone number.
Your name might be removed from our records if we cannot contact you for an appointment.
If you need to change or update your contact details please go to update patient contact details.