Getting to Whakatāne Hospital, parking information and facilities for patients and visitors.
On this page
Getting to Whakatāne Hospital
Baybus has a bus service that arrives and departs right out outsite Whakatāne Hospital for times and routes please visit baybus.co.nz Eastern Bay information.
Taxi service is also located outside the main hospital entrance and a free phone is available near the main enquiry desk.
If you require travel assistance please visit our our travel assistance section for available services and eligibility for National Travel Assistance (NTA).
Bicycle parking is available at the main hospital entrance and is dotted throughout the campus.
Whakatāne Hospital facilities
Available facilities for patients and visitors:
- Accommodation for relatives in the Community Whānau House
- Chaplaincy and pastoral care, including onsite Chapel
- Interpreter services
- Māori Health service - Te Pou Kōkiri
- NZ Herald and local newspapers available for purchase
- Telephone service
- Televisions in patient lounges
- Send a patient a message is a service allows you to send a message to your family and friends who are in a ward in either Tauranga or Whakatāne Hospital. If you would like to send a message please visit our send a patient a message section.