Gynaecology is the specialty concerned with medical and surgical conditions of the female reproductive system (except from those related to pregnancy and child-birth, which is obstetrics).
The female reproductive system comprises of the ovaries, the fallopian tubes, the uterus and the vagina.
- General Gynaecological consultations
- Laparoscopy - Keyhole surgery including sterilisation using a telescope through the abdominal wall.
- Colposcopy - Using a microscope to view the cervix where there has been an abnormal smear.
- Hysteroscopy - A telescope is used to check the cavity of the uterus.
- A range of surgery including hysterectomy (both abdominal and vaginal), prolapse surgery and acute gynaecological surgical services.