About our CARE values recruitment
Our CARE values recruitment
On this page
Our Manaakitanga CARE values
At Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values.
Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our objective is to make our organisation an even better place to work. By building on existing good practice, higher staff engagement drives higher quality patient care. There is a clear relationship between the wellbeing of staff and patient wellbeing.
Our Manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting new staff, we recruit staff who live by our CARE values.
Our Manaakitanga CARE values and behaviours shape:
- the way we all behave with patients, families/whānau and with each other.
- the way all of our teams from our frontline staff, support staff, corporate staff and administration staff, make decisions.
- How we keep understanding and improving everyone's (patients and staff) experiences.
- How we recruit, induct, appraise, support and develop our staff.
When a staff member's values 'fit' with our values, staff are more likely to feel more comfortable, more energised and get greater satisfaction from their work. Also, new staff will settle quicker, stay longer and demonstrate our Manaakitanga CARE values more consistently.
We are working for equity within our workforce and seeking to employ a Māori and Pacific workforce that reflects our population proportionality for our region by 2030.
Benefits of working with us
With the Bay of Plenty’s rapid growth, we have a wide range of career options with many new positions available in both clinical and non-clinical areas in a variety of locations.
These provide many opportunities for personal and professional growth in a supportive and professionally fulfilling environment.
We have over 3800 employees working across the region.
We place a great emphasis on work/life balance. We have a range of policies to ensure you can live life to the fullest!
We can offer the following benefits:
- Discounts – local businesses offering a wide variety of discounts and special offers to our employees (staff ID required).
- Free flu vaccinations – we offer free flu vaccinations for all staff, including those who work for our organisation on a voluntary basis.
- In-house career development - Developing your career is an ongoing process. As a valued member of our team, you are encouraged to assess your career goals on a regular basis to best align your aspirations with organisational needs and wider life contexts.
- Flexible working practises – Everyone’s work/life balance needs are different and therefore, where possible, we provide a range of flexible work options in various departments.
- Staff service recognition awards – Each year staff who have served 10 years or more are recognised and invited to attend a celebratory event with family and friends.
- Onsite staff cafeterias – We promote and encourage healthy food and beverage choices. A variety of foods and beverages are available at cafes located at our Tauranga and Whakatāne hospitals.
- KiwiSaver - We encourage you to think about saving for your future needs. We provide employer contributions of 3% of your gross salary or wages to the scheme so long as you are also contributing.
- Sweat, our onsite gym – Subsidised membership to onsite gyms at both Tauranga and Whakatāne hospitals with an exciting range of classes.
- Healthy living programmes - Services to encourage and support employees to stay healthy physically and mentally. We have several programmes available.
- Onsite library – Both the Tauranga and Whakatāne hospitals have a library with shared resources and services for staff and students on placement.
- Free on-site parking – Parking is free for all our staff at both the Tauranga and Whakatāne hospital sites. There is also good access to public transport.
- Sustainable and eco-conscious – We have a strong sustainability model, and there are opportunities to be involved in our Green Teams no matter what your role in the organisation.