Adolescent Public Health Nurses assist, support and advocate for adolescents. They:
- specialise in adolescent health and young people
- help young people identify their own health issues
- provide information to enable young people to make informed decisions
- provide free confidential self-referral clinics at intermediate schools
- provide general and specific health advice
- are involved with vaccination programmes
- follow up communicable diseases
- refer people to appropriate personnel and agencies.
Home visits are available for some health concerns.