On this page
About the NETP/NESP programs
Bay of Plenty District Health Board (BOPDHB) offers 12-month Nurse Entry to Practice (NETP) and Nurse Entry to Specialist Practice (NESP) placements across the district.
Our aim is to provide Graduate Nurses a time of transition within a supportive learning environment, where knowledge and clinical skills can be consolidated to enable New Graduates to practice confidently and safely within the Registered Nurse Scope of Practice.
We are looking for New Graduate nurses who share our Manaakitanga CARE values of Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence. BOP DHB believes in nurses leading nursing and is an early leader in the implementation of Care Capacity Demand Management. We are also working towards being the first genuinely Te Tiriti led district health board, making movement towards this by adopting and endorsing the Te Toi Ahorangi 2030 strategy of Te Runanga Hauora Maori o Te Moana a Toi, a strategy developed with the local whanau, hapu, iwi and provider representatives.
Enrolled Nurse Supported-into Practice Programme (EN SIPP):
We also offer a 12-month programme for new enrolled nurses. The intakes and start dates for this are negotiable. Please apply via the ACE link and contact Robyn Boladeras for further information email@example.com
Come and join us in the Bay of Plenty and you can enjoy:
- A wide range of diversity in our patient population
- Working a 0.8 FTE, allowing for focus on study and consolidation of learning
- No nightshifts during your orientation months
- Free confidential counselling through our EAP program
- Low cost onsite gymnasium at both hospitals with an exciting range of classes
- Supportive team with a dedicated clinical coach for new graduates
- Access to wide range of evidence-based practice resources
- Professional development opportunities
- A range of placements available across services
- High levels of employment in the DHB following the successful completion of new graduate year
- A funded level 8 paper with the University of Auckland for NETP
- 12 dedicated study days with guaranteed release time for NETP
- The NESP programme offers a PC certificate consisting of 2 level 8 papers through UOA funded by Te Pou
Our placements include:
- Tauranga and Whakatāne Hospital
- Nurse Entry to Specialty Programme (NESP) - Mental Health & Addiction Services
- if you are interested in any of the following providers; Primary Care including Practice Nursing, Iwi Providers, School Nursing, Aged Residential Care or Hospice please contact us for further information.
Intakes commence March 2021
We are motivated to your professional development, offering several learning opportunities through our clinical education team and a funded post graduate paper at the University of Auckland.
As a BOPDHB RN you will submit an e-Portfolio at RN Competent Level prior to completion of the programme. Resources including access to BOPDHB's e-Learning site are provided to support you to complete this.
Nurses who have completed or are in their final year of a NCNZ accredited Bachelor of Nursing to become a New Zealand Registered Nurse.
You will need to rank your preferred clinical areas and we will do our best to accommodate preferences with available placements.