Speech and language therapy
We provide speech-language assessment and treatment services.
Children (up to 2 years)
- Hearing impairment
- Developmental delay
- Syndromes eg Downs Syndrome
- Cleft palate and other disorders
- Acquired neurological disorders (TBI, Cerebral Palsy)
- Feeding Difficulties
- Acquired neurological disorders (TBI, CVA)
- Progressive neurological disorders (Parkinsons, MND, MS)
- Otolaryngology (head and neck, voice, laryngectomy)
- Changes in speech, swallowing, language, feeding, voice or fluency.
- Speech - reduced intelligibility (developmental disorders, dyspraxia, dysarthria).
- Swallowing - difficulty tolerating food/drink. Signs include recurrent chest infection, coughing, choking, weight loss.
- Language - difficulty expressing and understanding written and spoken language.
- Feeding - delayed progress through normal developmental milestones for feeding.
- Voice - change in vocal quality that persist more than two weeks. Refer to ENT specialist prior to Speech-Language.
- Fluency - repetition of sounds, words, or phrases.